Retirees WA have an exceptional property department located in our head office who work hard to provide outstanding service to residents in managing our many villages across Western Australia.
The services they provide are:
- Assisting residents with general maintenance and upkeep of their units.
- Maintaining the common property areas of each village such as gardens and driveways and liaising with contractors for repairs and maintenance in these areas.
- Managing the finances with complete transparency of all the costs of running the village including presenting a budget each year and providing all associated financial documents such as bank statements.
- Attending meetings with residents throughout the year including the Annual General Meeting, the Annual Budget Meeting and any other meetings as requested.
- Working with village committees (if the village has one).
- Ensuring villages are run in accordance with all relevant legislation.
- Assisting in releasing the unit when a resident vacates.
- Answering inquiries from residents.
The retirement villages laws include:
- Retirement Villages Act 1992
- Retirement Villages Regulations 1992 (RV Regulations)
- Fair Trading (Retirement Villages Interim Code) Regulations 2020